Looking forward to The Spring Racing Carnival? We certainly are! The fashion stakes are high and no doubt, like us, you have been primping and planning over your own look for this season. What you may have overlooked are those all-important details that keep your style and poise over the Carnival. Luckily for you the Le Louvre fairygodmothers are here to remind you.
PLUS! We have included our favourite trends that you MUST MUST MUST keep note if you want to be the best dressed this Spring Racing Carnival Season.
Our Top Tips to stay poised over the Cup Carnival
- Ensure you hair and makeup compliment your outfit. We don’t want vamped up smoky eye with prim and proper pastel dresscode.
- It’s Melbourne people! Make sure your super stylish outfit includes some sort of a coat or jacket backup in case it’s cold.
- Avoid the spray tan. Nothing more classier than a lady who embraces her skin tone and dresses for it. It also ensures that special dress will last the distance without bad tan stains
- Remember your touch-up essentials: the all-important blotting paper and a mini bottle of sunscreen
- Hydrate and eat well – keeps that Champagne flowing!
- It’s never a good look to end the day with your shoes in your hand, wear inner soles, grit and bare it or just don’t wear stilettos.
FRILLED TO THE BRIM
The frill life is not an easy one, you may think. Well think again! It’s easy as pie to pull off this season’s frill game.
KEEP IT CLEAN, KIDS
Derby is about the sleek look of monochrome. Keep that sleekness with clean lines and minimal styling for an ultra chic finish. That classic black dress with a pop of white accessories, the crisp white dress with some centering black or the ultimate in classic dressing with an ultra sexy smoking suit.
THE BOATER LIFE
If it’s one style of hat we just adore at Le Louvre for the Spring Racing Carnival it would have to be the Boater. Feminine, masculine, playful and serious all in the one look and so classic it will last the test of time. The Boater hat is one for the investment wardrobe.
BOLD AS BRASS
Looking to make a little more of a statement this Racing Carnival? Go BOLD ladies and don’t be afraid of colour – especially at The Melbourne Cup or Oaks Day.
At Le Louvre we can help style you up from top to toe. Need a little extra care and attention? Make an appointment, we can take the stress out of dressing. Contact us today.