The super feminine silhouette of the Midi Length skirt or dress is not as scary as you may think. We have broken it down into steps to ensure you can pull off an undeniably elegant length.
1. Your perfect length is slightly above mid-calf: You don’t want the midi dress to end exactly at mid-calf – this is the thickest part of your lower leg. Rather just a titch above this point, which is a little slimmer.
2. Wear some form of heel: To elongate the leg and combat the stumpy look that a midi dress can give wear some height of heel. Kitten is fine, but a little height changes your stance and creates an elegant line. A nude heel is even better as it disappears into your ankle, elongating your leg line.
3. Go for a lighter fabric that moves: You want to select a fabric that adds lightness and movement, not weight, to your figure. This can be anything from lame and metallics to pleats or a varied hemline. The lightness and movement helps you avoid the short and stocky look.
4. Accentuate that waist with a belt: Bring it in and cinch it tight! Wearing a midi length without some form of waist definition will make you look like a short block of fabric. Make sure the midi dress you choose either has a slim waistline or waist seam.
5. Select a A-line silhouette. It is universally flattering and is the perfect silhouette every body type. Make sure to look for A-line silhouettes when selecting a midi dress. Why not, right? It accentuates your waist and flares out at the bottom to create a simple and elegant style.
Need some extra special attention? We offer one-to-one appointments exclusively for you. Le Louvre has been dressing women for 95 years, with second-to-none results. Simply stop by or organise come in for an appointment and we will show you through our selection. Get in touch here.