After many years of buying trips in Europe, Amelia Coote has her travel routine down pat. Here she shares her tips and travel essentials for travelling in comfort and in style.
1) An aeroplane essential – A Moncler Light weight puffer jacket like the ‘Barbel’ style. It doubles as a pillow or extra doona and packs down to absolute nothing and doesn’t crease.
2) Eye mask and earplugs – I have a set (or two in case I lose one) in my luggage at all times. You never know what annoying sights and sounds you will need to block out in your hotel room. From late night concerts in the Piazza del Duomo in Milan to football hoons tooting horns all night in Paris. I am always so grateful for this little travel essential.
3) A Massage at the Timeless Day Spa while in transit at Dubai. Such a treat to jump straight off the plane into a 1 hour long massage and then pretty much walk straight from the Spa onto the next leg of your trip. Excellent for Jetlag too. I do this both outbound and inbound.
4) Saint Laurent Biker jacket – The most versatile piece of clothing I have. As much as I dream of wearing floaty summer dresses on balmy June nights in Paris and Milan – it is often quite cold (or flooding as happens to be the case right now) so this wardrobe essential gets a good work out.
5) A good sensible handbag. One that is stylish enough for Fashion week but practical enough to fit my laptop, showroom notes etc. This trip I am taking my Hermes Double Sens tote. It’s basically two handbags in one as it is reversible – watermelon pink on one side red on the other.
Last but not least, a quick spot of relaxation on arrival to re-charge before a busy buying schedule.